Friday, January 18, 2013

I am currently in New Orleans on a business trip. It has been quite interesting talking with people about Katrina and all of the devastation. Even though its been a long time since, some of the aftermath is still apparent within the city. This is the first time I have been here and the culture is very different from Southern California. I have meet some very nice and helpful people to help me navigate around the city and of course find the antique stores. Sadly, there are not as many left. I had to a least get one Mardi Gras Bead necklace while I was here and of course, one with hearts.
I saw this sweet handmade rose elephant from Thailand at an Anthropologie store and had to take a picture. So cute!
Pushpins from Anthropologie to use on my inspiration board.
 Love the shutters and architecture of this home. I know this is more common on the East coast, but I don't see it that much in the West.
The Scepter up close. I couldn't help but add the picture of me holding it, it makes me feel royal. I have wanted one of these since I was little. I really want to find a cape now!!! I know it sounds silly but I think it would be so fun to walk around in. Forget the prince charming I am the queen of my castle.Lol..I really love the colors too.
A small little painting I found on Magazine street in Louisiana at an antique store. I love the texture and paints coming out of the artwork. I could stare at paintings all day. I have always had a love for art and artists, which started when I was very young and saw some of Van Gough's paintings from the Netherlands at a museum in San Diego.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Painting!! I love your Heart beads, so you ...cute!! Love love the scepter is Beautiful ... Have a great Weekend there!! Tausha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the linen pushpins and the scepter would be great with my pink costume for Venice carnival ! I feel you ready to go there !!
    You're really cute as a princess with the royal scepter.
    PARIS is under the snow : about 20 centimeters in my garden, my 7th months puppy is so happy !
    xoxo
    Joƫlle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joelle-
      As always it is so lovely to hear from you. I agree those items would be perfect for your festival. I also recently found a Venetian mask that you would probably love. I really am a little kid at heart and still love to play dress up. I often nanny and I think I love it so much because I have an excuse to play like a kid again. I wish I was in Paris, I would live to see the snow and your little puppy sounds so cute!!! I think snow is so romantic and I do not see very much of it here in California.

      Xxxx

      Delete
    2. Joelle-
      As always it is so lovely to hear from you. I agree those items would be perfect for your festival. I also recently found a Venetian mask that you would probably love. I really am a little kid at heart and still love to play dress up. I often nanny and I think I love it so much because I have an excuse to play like a kid again. I wish I was in Paris, I would live to see the snow and your little puppy sounds so cute!!! I think snow is so romantic and I do not see very much of it here in California.

      Xxxx

      Delete
  3. So many lovely items and I especially like the wire wall heart your Mom gave you!

    ReplyDelete